We’ve been spending a lot of time talking about blogging lately. If you’ve missed any of the past posts in this ‘Why Blog’ series, you can find them all here:
~ Why Blog When There are So Many Out There
~ Blogging Helps You Be Found
~ Be Trustworthy (because, shouldn’t we all be trustworthy?)
~ What’s Your Take on That? ~ Blogging helps you establish your positioning
~ They Want To Know ~ Blogging allows you to educate your clients
~ Can Your Words Make Money?
I know I haven’t gone into the details of how to blog in this series. I wanted to start by sharing why blogging might be great for your business and the benefits of blogging.
Basically all the blogging things we’ve been talking these past several weeks wrapped up together will:
- help your ideal client/reader find your website
- build trust
- attract clients
- establish your positioning
- educate your readers about what you do or your product
Blogging helps you connect with your audience and be even more successful.
But is blogging the only way to do this? Of course not! It might be one of the more multi-purpose ways, though!
Oh, the benefits of blogging!
You can write one blog post and it can reach more people than your website with pages that don’t change often. Here are a few ways you can do this with one post (imagine if you did this with each of your blog posts?!)
- New content means search engines will return to your site again, attracting readers.
- Use images in the post that the reader can put on Pinterest (another search engine) to share your post url. You can create more pins/images to post to Pinterest and attract more visitors.
- Take a sentence or phrase (or two) and tweet them out. Use a plugin so people can tweet them, providing a link to your post.
- Highlight a portion of your post and use it on Facebook with a link back to your website to read more.
- Revise or update older posts. Create either new posts or republish them on the same url to give new material to read.
- Create a Part 2 for a post. Build on the same idea as an older post and link back to the original. Also place a link in the original post pointing to the newer article.
- Use a plugin to list related posts at the bottom of each post. This will keep your reader on your website longer. This also increases the opportunities to build trust with your readers.
- Link to one or two related posts on your blog within each post
- Create a video relating to the same topic and use it to support your post by linking back to it and vice versa.
- Create an info graphic to share on other platforms that explains what’s in your post. They can support each other!
These are a few ways that you can use one post to reach more than just the people currently visiting your website and blog so that you increase the opportunities to show up and serve!
So, no, blogging isn’t the only way to accomplish all the benefits of blogging I’ve talked about in this ‘Why Blog’ series. But it can be super versatile in helping you extend your area of reach.
I know this isn’t easy, so I’m not suggesting you do everything on this list (I don’t!) Blogging can benefit you and your business more than just slapping a website up, no matter how beautiful and strategic that website might be.
I plan to explore blogging a little more from the ‘how’ perspective this quarter.
For now, reply with questions, or send me a note with questions. I’d love to help you get started on your journey sharing your passion!